Faith Offering / Donation


 

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

August 28, 2007 & Kindness

We can see kindness around us; people opening doors for others or helping them with other physical acts. But, sometimes the greatest kindnesses we offer are the un-seen; not holding judgment or withholding our opinion when it may be hurtful or not beneficial. Most of all, people who refrain from acting on assumptions or assuming something about someone based on "gossip" or second-hand information ... these people truly embody kindness. Someone once told me that other people's perceptions were important ... but, I would have to say perceptions based on something less than the truth ... is unkind. One of the "Four Agreements" that I agree with is: "Don't make assumptions" ... Don Miguel Ruiz doesn't mention the fact that doing so is unkind ... but it is. Let us affirm kindness in our heart, mind and soul:

I know that there is One Loving God and in my recognition of this Truth, I realize that I too, embody this Loving-ness of God. My mind is always filled with the highest and greatest thoughts for everyone. I realize that as I do unto others, I do unto me ... for I am One in Spirit will All. My spirit of kindness and love always fills me with a great hope and faith. My faith is born of kindness, knowing that God is always with me, always Present, always loving. God has an ever-lasting Love for me ... and I, in turn, have an ever-lasting Love for everyone. No one is outside of my circle of Love ... for it is guided by kindness. Always knowing the Truth for everyone frees me to know the Truth in a greater way for myself ... and this I do now and always. And so it is.

Keep the faith!
Rev. Bates

No comments: