Faith Offering / Donation


 

Thursday, October 25, 2007

October 25, 2007 & Family

I have been spending the last few days with six members of my family; three sisters, a niece and two brother-in-laws. During this time I was thinking what would happen if we treated everyone as "family" ... would we be more accepting? ... more forgiving? ... more understanding? ... to others. Most of us feel a deeper connection with our family, but in Truth, we are all connected ... and if we fostered this deeper connection with all others as we do our family, I am certain many of us would treat others in our lives differently. Let's affirm our connection with one another:

Knowing that there is only One Life, I know that this Life permeates and sustains all the Life that Is. I know I share a deep connection with everyone as I know in Spirit, we are One with each other. I believe and accept responsibility for seeing those in my experiece as One with me. I share their same relationship with God ... and I know that we are unified in the Spirit. All created in the image and likeness of God ... therefore when I see my brother or sister, I am seeing God. I understand this relationship and I nurture and foster a deeper relationship with all people knowing that they are all my brothers and sisters ... born of the same Spirit as me. I know this is the Truth ... and I accept it as so. And so it is.


Keeep the faith!
Rev. Bates

No comments: