Faith Offering / Donation


 

Monday, October 8, 2007

October 8, 2007 & Mental Nutrition

One of my favorite things to do is to read treatments written by such metaphysical masters as Dr. Joseph Murphy, Dr. Ernest Holmes, Dr. Robert Bitzer, Dr. Eric Butterworth, and Dr. O. C. Smith. The treatments they wrote give evidence of the powerful consciousness behind the words that they used. Each of them mastered metaphysics and left us great works to learn from. It is like "mental nutrition" and the benefits are incredible. Today, I would like to share a treatment that I read today written by Dr. Joseph Murphy:

I give supreme recognition to the God-Presence within me. I sincerely and honestly give thanks for all the blessings received. I give thanks for all the good in my life; I live in the feeling of grateful rejoicing. My thankful heart strikes the magic of the Divine response. Every day of my life I express thanks for the knowledge of the laws of mind and the way of the Spirit. I know that thankfulness is a movement of the heart first, which is followed by a movement of the lips. My uplifted heart opens up the treasure-house of Infinity within me and bespeaks my faith in the fulfillment of my prayers. I am truly thankful because I have found God in the midst of me. "I sought the Lord, and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears." He who possesses a thankful heart is always in tune with the Infinite and cannot suppress the joy that arises from contemplating God and His Holy Presence. In everything, I give thanks.

Keep the faith!

Rev. Bates

No comments: