Faith Offering / Donation


 

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 15, 2008 & One-ness

As I was leaving the grocery store tonight in Palm Springs I noticed a man outside asking for money. I was not sure what he was collecting money for, but my inner-guidance nudged me to make a donation. As I put the money in the metal box, without even looking as to what was written on the box, he said to me, "thank you, Jesus loves you" ... and then he said, "I know he does." There was a ring of sincerity to his words that was so genuine. I felt very happy for him that he could be so certain, and in Truth, he was right, for although I am not a Christian, I know that Jesus loves me, and so does the Buddha, Krishna and Mohammed ... for they all understand that we are One. And in the One, we are all of Love, and loved. Let's affirm this today:

My heart is filled with gladness as I realize that there is only God, only Love, permeating the Universe. And as I recognize this highest of Truth, I know and I know that I know, that all things are harmonized in Love. No matter what may appear in the world, I know that Love will bring all things to Good ... for All Is God and God Is All. I am never concerned nor do I dwell in worry, for the Truth that God's Perfect Love reigns Supreme, is the Truth yesterday, today, and tomorrow. This change-less Truth, awaits our recognition of It, and as we do, It's influence in our world of affairs, both personal and universal, is powerful. In the quiet, confidence of my mind, I know that God blesses each of us to the degree that we accept being blessed, and today, I accept these blessings for myself and all others. For as I do, I affirm my One-ness with All of Life, with God, and with All Living things. And I am blessed to know this is so. And so it is.

Keep the faith!
Rev. Bates

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your treatments are truly helping me so much. I have moved from being out of work to a job that I truly love. I have lost over 20 pounds using your health treatments, and I have met the love of my life and we are getting married soon. Thank you so much. I am sending a very large check to you for your fabulous ministry.
Love and light,
Claire M.
Chicago

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this outstanding blog! I noted your comment that you do not consider yourself a Christian. Is this true of Religious Scientists in general? Some years ago I read a book by Ernest Holmes called something like "How to Use the Science of Mind" (I may not be remembering the exact title). As I recall, in the introduction he described the book as a study in practical or applied Christianity. This implied to me that he considered himself Christian. Is that accurate?

Of course, I don't care what religious label anyone uses. I'm just interested in the historic development of SOM and curious as to whether or not Dr. Holmes thought of himself as Christian.

Thanks!

Rev Bates, The Way to a Wonderful Life said...

This is in response to the question regarding Religious Science and Christianity. Dr. Holmes did refer to Religious Science and Science of Mind as "Christian Philosophy" and there are ministers and practitioners still today who state something similar. But, most Christians believe that Jesus died for our sins and we must believe in Jesus in order to go to Heaven, and this is not consistent with the teachings of the Science of Mind. I prefer to think along the same terms as Dr. Deepak Chopra when he wrote: Jesus was not a Christian, Buddha was not a Buddhist, Krishna was not a Hindu and Mohammed was not a Muslim ... these religions came after them. To me, the Master Mind Jesus' work has not been surpassed in the world as we know it ... but, he wasn't a Christian .. he was a Jew who went beyond Judaism. In my teaching of "evolutionary science of mind" I prefer to stay entirely away from religious labels as my teaching is "inclusive" and leaves no one out.
Thanks for the question.
Keep the faith!
Rev. Bates