Faith Offering / Donation


 

Thursday, July 12, 2007

July 12, 2007 & Unity

This week the current Pope has stated that all religions other than Catholicism are "wounded" and are not of the "true" church ... and this morning while a Hindu clergyman was presenting the prayer for the opening session of the U.S. Senate, Christian protestors had to be removed. [The American Family Association had called for protests against the Hindu clergyman being allowed to present the prayer.] Religion has become very divisive in our current American culture and in other parts of the world ... let's not let "religion" divide us ... let us know that "In God" ... we are One:

Today I recognize only One ... One God ... One Life ... One Presence, infinitely individualized in Its expression of Life. I know that this Spirit that has created me, has created All of Life. I know that "in It, I live and move and have my Being" ... and this is true for me and for All people. And ... I know as the great mystics have known, that "in me, It lives and seeks to express Itself through me and as me" ... I accept and know that there is no limit to God's infinite expresssion "as Life" ... and that each of us are "expressing the Life of God" at all times. I can affirm and know .... as can all people, that "I and the Father are One" ... and this "infinite "I" is within me and within everyone ... It is the "In-Dwelling" Presence of God that is my very life. It is the power that God has given me to choose ... to be ... and to do ... that which expresses the love, the joy, the harmony, the peace and the wisdom of God in all ways and in all things. I bless all people as "expressions" of the One Life. Knowing that each individual is always being and doing their best ... for themselves and for all others ... I release any judgment in my mind and see rightly the Truth of all people now. And so it is.

Keep the faith!

Rev. Bates




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in Toronto and I saw the news story about the Hindu at the Senate, and I agree with you. Keep sending out the good vibes to the Universe!
Peace and blessings,
Cindy

dougnps said...

It's ironic that this happened in a country that was founded by people who were originally persecuted for their religious beliefs. They made their way to a new land which took unbelievable courage back them as they risked their lives to establish a new country where people wouldn't be persecuted for such beliefs. And now seem to want to uphold only limited parts of a constitution that was created to insure such things would never happen to it's citizens again.