Faith Offering / Donation


 

Monday, July 9, 2007

July 9, 2007 & Energy

This morning my alarm went off and instead of hitting the "snooze" button, I turned it off and slept an extra two hours. I am fortunate as not everyone has the flexibility in their schedule as I do. But it also reminded me that oftentimes we are so busy with our lives that it takes an experience like "over-sleeping" to get us to slow down. Personally, I find that my mind can get so filled with ideas and the contemplation of ideas that it is difficult for me to go to sleep and stop the conscious thinking. At the same time, I know that there is plenty of time for everything and so I do not need to lose sleep in order to accomplish and think through the ideas that surface in my mind. And in this knowing I can affirm that this is the truth for me:

There is only One Mind and this Mind is Spirit and this Mind is my mind now. As I align myself in mind, to this Spirit, I partake of Its energy, Its life and Its Divine Order. I allow myself to be filled up with energy, with clarity of mind, and with the motivation to accomplish that which I am to accomplish today, fully aware and fully awake in the present. I pay special attention to my recognition of the presence of Spirit in my life today and also observe the presence of Spirit in all those who come into my experience either physically or spiritually. I feel the spirit within myself and within all people today as I move into this blessed life experience with more joy, more happiness and more love ... all moving through me from the Spirit that Is All, In All and for All. And so it is.

Keep the faith!
Rev. Bates

2 comments:

dougnps said...

Dear Rev. Dr. Bates I think of it more as you needed more rest than you "over slept". I missed church yesterday, as you well know, because I needed more sleep. I don't beat myself up anymore (well not as much as I used to) when I do things like sleep longer than I had intended. I try to surround myself with positive reminders about life and GOD to keep my MIND thinking correctly. This Blog is just one more of those positive tools available to me now. I'm liking this very much and I'm so grateful to you for all the positive things you do to support our community here in the valley. You are a blessing to us and this is just one more way you help keep my MIND open to receive all of GODS blessings. Keep up the great work...Doug

Malcolm Nicoll said...

Just a note of appreciation for this blog and for you, Reverend Bates for creating this site. I also am very grateful for the spiritual mind treatments you so generously provide to us. Your last entry really hit home for me. I thought I was following my heart and moved to Palm Spgs. back in April. Things were going well at first but it became very clear to me that I was NOT fully following my heart. At first everything was fine but, Things went down hill fast. I lost my job, had zero social life, lost all my savings, and got a bad staph infection. While I was convalescing, I realised that although I liked Palm Spgs., it was not condusive to the lifestyle I was accustomed to. I was struggling-always a sign of resistance and not going with the flow. I felt like a stranger in a strange land. Following my heart, I decided to move back to the Bay Area. I recognize now that my brief stint in the desert made me better appreciate what I now have. Back in San Francisco, I have taken on a much fuller appreciation for what I initially took for granted-the cool ocean breeze, the incredible diversity, the excellent public transportation system, my gym, the convenience and ease of getting from place to place, the over abundance of goods and services from around the world, but mostly how much I feel at home here. A place where I feel loved, wanted and appreciated. Now I'm in my element. I'm where I ought to be. Thank you Reverend Bates. I'm most grateful for this forum.
Malcolm