Faith Offering / Donation


 

Saturday, July 28, 2007

July 28, 2007 & Celebration

This is the time of year when so many people I know have birthdays. I enjoy the feeling of celebration that I feel when I acknowledge someone's birthday, anniversary, the birth of a child, weddings and just about anything else that people celebrate. Daniel Nahmod wrote and performed a song titled, "Celebrate Your Life Today" .... and I have always thought this was a terrific affirmation. As we set our intention to "celebrate Life" ... we will find something to celebrate. Let us know that this is so:

Understanding my Unity with All of Life, I recognize and know that whatever I celebrate, whether for me or for someone else, I am celebrating the Life of God in expression. And in this knowing I understand that as with "gratitude" ... celebrations of Life create balance, harmony and an openness to greater abundance and joy in my life. And in the spirit of celebration, I celebrate my abundant life now; a life of abundant joy, abundant happiness, abundant health, wealth and love. My consciousness of "giving and receiving" insures that I am always receiving something in my life to celebrate. So, today and everyday, I celebrate my life ... and I celebrate all Good things for all the people around me. I enjoy and celebrate this Life with love, hope, faith and happiness ... every day in every way, I feel a greater sense of celebration in my heart and mind ... "life is Good, all the time" ... and for me, celebrating Life keeps it Good ... and very Good. And so it is.

Keep the faith!
Rev. Bates

1 comment:

dougnps said...

I love Birthdays I really do, and as I get older it's has so little with "what did you get?" and so much more about appreciating life. During the time just before my birthday I tend to look at two things: one is a review of the past year not to critisise or judge it just to look back at it and the second thing is what do I want to accomplish with the 365 days ahead what is going to be my focus. I know some people who get fixed on the number of years and how "old " they are... and not in a good way usually. Every since I was a kid I looked at them (birthdays) as the number of trips around the sun I had made. This year I've been around that bright ball of light 52 times and I'm looking forward to what the 53rd trip has in store.