Faith Offering / Donation


 

Monday, August 13, 2007

August 13, 2007 & The Gift Within

Each day I read a paragraph from the "Runner's Bible" written by Nora Holm, titled, "Neglect not the gift that is in thee" taken from the 1st Book of Timothy in the scripture. One of the statements that always stands out for me is; "You can have all the power in all ways, that you need; and you will have as much as you desire and seek for, if you live - not after the flesh, but after the spirit, looking to "the things that are above." This is followed by; "Aim for perfection. Perfection is God. Remember, too, that this work has been delegated to you to do, can be done by none other; therefore be faithful, be true. Trust." And about this time my mind is on "WOW" ... and I feel an even greater confidence and self-assurance concerning the things that I am doing. I believe these statements apply to each and every one of us, no matter what our gift may be ... and I am knowing this right now:

As I recognize God, Infinite Spirit, I recognize that God has infinitely gifted each and every one of us with a Divine Purpose. As we become aware of the experiences in our life ... the things that come natural to us ... the things that are appealing to us ... and the things that bring a sense of ease to our mind ... we realize that these things are of God ... they have the essence of Divinity to us. I know that as a farmer finds the nature of God as he plants a seed, I know that as I give of my skills, abilities and talents, that I am acting in the nature of God as well. I declare within myself that I am not neglecting the gift that is within me ... in my consciousness, I am enlarging and expanding my capacities in order to give more and more of this gift to all those who seek to share in it. As I aim for perfection, I know that I am aiming for God; the Power and the Presence of the One ... within me. I release my imprisoned splendor with confidence and joy knowing and trusting God's Perfect Work is expressing through me and as me. And for this I am delightfully grateful. And so it is.

Keep the faith!
Rev. Bates

1 comment:

Michael Hawkins said...

A wonderful passage to start my work day, Rev. Bates. I feel deep appreciation for the Divine as it expresses through you.