Faith Offering / Donation


 

Saturday, November 3, 2007

November 3, 2007 & Silence Within

Spiritual teachers for thousands of years have taught that we are take time to dwell in the silence of our mind. "Be still and know that I am God" ... we can read in the ancient texts ... and the Master Mind Jesus taught that rather than lean on the understanding of others, we are to go into the closet and shut the door ... and of course, He was referring to the door of our mind. Let us affirm our intention to dwell in the silence within:

I take the time each day to "be still and know that I am God" ... I realize that God is within me ... and that I can talk to God in the silence. I am open and receptive to Life, to God, and to Love. I let Life flow through me and in so doing, I know that Love is flowing through me. In the stillness I feel the sweetness of Life and my heart is filled with joy and peace. I know that as I move into the silence, I am entering what the ancients called the Secret Place of the Most High God. I feel the Presence in the silence and know that I am not alone. My inner ear listens for the words of God for me ... knowing that God is personal to me. Intuitively I hear the words that God has for me and I go forth in Life inspired and confident that God is guiding me in all things ... from the silence within. And so it is.

Keep the faith!
Rev. Bates

No comments: