Faith Offering / Donation


 

Saturday, July 21, 2007

July 21, 2007 & Contemplation

Most everyone practices contemplation, although some people may not be aware that they are contemplating. To contemplate is to "still the mind" and to focus on a particular subject or issue ... and it is not always a positive subject or issue, sometimes it is negative. Contemplation simply means that we examine our thoughts ... and oftentimes our contemplation will make us aware of something new about the subject or issue that we hadn't thought about before. I opened one of my Science of Mind textbooks today and found this contemplation written by Dr. Ernest Holmes. It is titled, "I Was Told To Live" ...

By some inner mystic Presence,
I was told to live and to love, to laugh and to be glad.
I was told to be still and know of the One Almighty Power, in
................ and through all.
I was told to let that Power work through and in me.
I believed that voice and I received my Good.

Keep the faith!
Rev. Bates

No comments: